Healthy Halloween Candy Recipes
With all the Halloween candy at your fingertips this week, it is easy to eat a few pieces here and there, and more if your kids bring candy home from trick-or-treating!
Keeping weight off with all the yummy candy lying around can be hard! That is why I created some simple and incredibly delicious Healthy Halloween Candy recipes that are fun for you and your family to make this week.
Pumpkin Seed Brittle
- 1 cup all-natural sweetener (e.g., Stevia)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- Spray a cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the Stevia, brown sugar, water, and cream of tartar. Place over medium-high heat and stir until the Stevia and brown sugar is completely dissolved.
- Brush the sides of the saucepan to remove any excess Stevia and brown sugar that didn’t dissolve. Without stirring, allow the “caramel” to cook to a golden brown color.
- Remove from heat and add the pumpkin seeds, stirring until combined. Quickly pour the caramel-seed mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly. Allow to cool and harden.
- Once cool, break up the brittle into medium-sized pieces and refrigerate.
Healthy Caramel Apples
- 4 apples
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Start with 1/4 cup almond milk and add until consistency is thick enough for caramel to stick to the apples.
- Insert a popsicle stick into the top/center of each apple.
- Dip in caramel sauce until it’s evenly covered on each apple.
- Refrigerate until caramel is firm.
If you would like more recipes that are healthy for your family, including breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks and even deserts, then…